If you only make one cake this month, then this is one you will have to try. Better than any dessert that is served in a fancy restaurant. This cake can be prepared up to 2 days in advance, covered with a cake dome and refrigerated until ready to serve. To save time prepare the crust a day ahead. This is one dessert you should not pass up! Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 5 hours before serving. Cooking time is 5 hours chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla (yes tablespoon!)
- 2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1For the crust: set oven to 325°F.
- 2In a food processor blend the wafers, sugar and cinnamon to fine crumbs.
- 3Add in melted butter and blend with on/off turns.
- 4Press the crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of a 10-inch springform pan (this can be prepared well in advance).
- 5Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crust starts to puff up and darkens; cool completely.
- 6For the filling: using an electric mixer, beat the 2 cups peanut butter and softened cream cheese in a large bowl until well blended.
- 7Add in powdered sugar, and 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla; beat well until blended.
- 8Using clean beaters beat the 2 cups whipping cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 9Using a spatula fold into peanut butter mixture in three or four additions.
- 10Spoon into prepared cooled crust.
- 11For the topping: combine 1/2 cup whipping cream, 1/4 cup sugar and espresso powder in a heavy medium saucepan; stir over medium heat until the espresso powder dissolves and mixture comes to a simmer; remove from heat.
- 12Add in the chopped chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- 13Whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla; cool for 6 minutes.
- 14Spread topping evenly over the filling.
- 15Refrigerate cake until cold (about 5 hours, longer is better!).
- 16Serve cake chilled and keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Mousse Cake With Chocolate Crust (Refrigerator)
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 866.9
- Calories from Fat 592
- Total Fat 65.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 135.3 mg
- Sodium 521.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g