Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I CHECKED ALL 116 RECIPES and there was not a cake like this. Still another recipe from my sister's office from many years ago. Hope you like it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter morsels, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- creamy peanut butter frosting (posted separately)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt over hot (not boiling) water, 1/2 cup peanut butter morsels; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine butter and sugar; beat until creamy.
- Blend in melted morsels. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Alternately blend in flour and milk.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8" round cake pans. Bake until crust is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes; cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool cake completely. Fill layers and frost side and top of cake ith Peanut Butter Cream Friosting. Garnish with coconut.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water 1 cup peanut butter morsels; stir until smooth in large bowl. Combine melted morsels, cream cheese, vanilla extract and salt; beat well. Beat in powdered sugar alternately with milk until mixture is of spreading consistency.
I had all the ingredients in hand and was in the mood for peanut butter cake so decided to try this one. It was a hit for me and the girls (DH doesn't like PB cake, something is wrong with him! *LOL*). I didn't have butter so I had to substitute with oil, it still came out great! I was a bit worried since the batter was a bit runny but it still cooked great. I also made the frosting that you seperately posted, it was great with this! Thanks, this is a keeper for us!! First PB cake that I've made and I liked it very much...not too light, not too dense! Awesome!