Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Peanut Butter Monster Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1⁄2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature colorful candy covered plain chocolate candies or 1 cup regular colorful candy covered plain chocolate candies
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Beat shortening, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, eggs and water; mix well.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Stir in oats. Gradually add to peanut butter mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. candy coated chocolate pieces and coconut. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- DROP by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten to 2-inch circles. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- VARIATION JUMBO PEANUT BUTTER MONSTER COOKIES: Prepare cookie dough as directed above. Drop by 1/4-cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten to 3-inch circles. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light brown around edges. Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
Cookies are chewy and delicious. I baked for 10 minutes and let them sit on the baking sheet for 3 minutes. Perfectly soft.