Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have never been brave enough to try this, but it came from the Southern Living cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Mix the peanut butter lightly with the beef, onion, chili sauce, salt, pepper, and egg.
- Form into 3 dozen small meatballs.
- Fry in hot peanut oil turning to brown on all sides. Serve hot with toothpicks.