Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This can be made on top of the stove or in the microwave using a large heat-proof bowl --- this recipe is pretty much fool-proof so don't worry about exact measurements, the frosting drizzle is only optional, I most always double the recipe and spread into a 13 x 9-inch pan, throw in some salted chopped peanuts also! :)
Top Review by CynthiaA123
Really good! Just like I used to make with my Mom and Grandma. I added 1 cup of raisins. It took a 10oz bag of mini marshmallows. Melt them slowly over low heat and stir constantly to avoid scorching.
- 78.07 ml butter (a little more butter is okay)
- 1182.95 ml mini marshmallows
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml peanut butter (more won't hurt!)
- 1182.95 ml Rice Krispies
- 44.37-59.16 ml canned frosting (vanilla or chocolate) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in marshmallows and vanilla; stir until melted.
- Mix in the peanut butter until combined.
- Remove from heat and mix in the rice cereal.
- Pat firmly into a 9 x 9-inch or an 11 x 7-inch pan.
- Place the frosting in microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted (about 15 seconds) drizzle on top of the mixture.