Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be made on top of the stove or in the microwave using a large heat-proof bowl --- this recipe is pretty much fool-proof so don't worry about exact measurements, the frosting drizzle is only optional, I most always double the recipe and spread into a 13 x 9-inch pan, throw in some salted chopped peanuts also! :)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (a little more butter is okay)
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter (more won't hurt!)
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 -4 tablespoons canned frosting (vanilla or chocolate) (optional)
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in marshmallows and vanilla; stir until melted.
- Mix in the peanut butter until combined.
- Remove from heat and mix in the rice cereal.
- Pat firmly into a 9 x 9-inch or an 11 x 7-inch pan.
- Place the frosting in microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted (about 15 seconds) drizzle on top of the mixture.
Really good! Just like I used to make with my Mom and Grandma. I added 1 cup of raisins. It took a 10oz bag of mini marshmallows. Melt them slowly over low heat and stir constantly to avoid scorching.
This was really good, next time I am going to try and add some peanuts and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top for a sinfully delicious snack.
Excellent! I live in an expat community in Beijing, China and usually bring Rice Krispy treats as a dessert for kids and adults alike to all picnics, school functions, etc. I tried your peanut butter version and WOW! Delicious! I used chunky peanut butter and it was divine- everyone LOVED them! Thanks!