Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
For all you peanut butter lovers....this is similar to peanut butter fudge, but with a more creamier texture, topped with a layer of smooth chocolate. Although the recipe calls for a layer of chopped peanuts on the bottom, they can be omitted if desired, or use any chopped nuts that you desire. This is a very rich treat, so cut into small squares!
- 2 cups finely chopped peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 300 g peanut butter chips
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Line a 8x8 pan with foil.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the peanuts over the bottom of the pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat together sugar, milk, butter,and salt, over med heat, stirring often; bring to a hard boil, then boil for 4-5 mins, stirring.
- Remove from heat, then add mini marshmallows and peanut butter chips.
- Beat vigorously for 1 minute to completely melt the marshmallows.
- Pour into prepared pan, over peanuts.
- Sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
- Lightly press peanuts into mixture.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the 2 cups of chocolate chips with 1/2 cup butter or margarine; mix very well to combine until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours until firm.
- Cut into small squares.
I have a recipe similar to this called Two-tone fudge. This is a much easier recipe and less complicated. I did omit the peanuts, but I'm sure any type of nut would be a welcome addition. An easy fudge recipe for your Christmas platter~ Made for KK"s recipetag.