Top Review by Suzie_Q
This cake wasn't bad, but I was hoping for more. I found it to be kind of dry and it didn't have very much of a peanut butter flavour. I am going to give it another try one of these days and try adding a bit more peanut butter.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan (13x9) with shortening and lightly flour.
- Beat all ingredients (except baking cocoa and 1/8 teaspoons baking powder) with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour two-thirds of the batter (about 3 cups) into pans.
- Stir 3 tablespoons baking coca and 1/8 teaspoons baking soda into remaining batter.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of chocolate batter randomly into peanut butter batter.
- Pull knife through batters in S-shape curves for marble design.
- Turn pan 1/4th turn and repeat marbling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Frost with fudge frosting or Chocolate/Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting.