Recipe by Halcyon Eve
From Quick Cooking Magazine. These are scrumptious - my favorite peanut butter cookies! Using all butter makes them nice and crisp--if you prefer softer cookies, replace 1/2 cup of the butter with 1/2 cup shortening.
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this recipe in Taste of Home Freezer Pleasers Cookbook, and this recipe goes in the Peanut Butter Cookie Hall of Fame. I actually had some pure maple syrup which is delicious. I substituted butterscotch chips for peanut butter chips, and I might even like it better. This one is a keeper. Thank you for posting this delicious recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (reduced-fat or generic brands not recommended)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; graduallly add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325* F for 15-18 minutes or until LIGHT golden brown. Be very careful and do not overcook.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.