Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I got from the blog, Buns In My Oven. They are my absolute most favorite brownie. Make sure you have a glass of milk handy with these!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups peanut butter, m&ms
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and peanut butter M&M's until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Cool on a wire rack.
This is a great brownie recipe and I think it is the espresso powder that takes it over the edge. Now maybe the M&M's don't hurt either though. Your instructions say to stir in chocolate chips instead of M&Ms but I figured it out (I'm smart that way) and did use regular M&Ms as I think the whole peanut ones would be way too large. I could see using some of the flavored M&M's as working too (like mint & coconut). Thanks for sharing in PRMR.