Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Peanut butter meets chocolate with a hint of banana in a scrumptious breakfast treat.
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 2 (11 ounce) canspillsbury refrigerated original breadsticks (12 breadsticks each)
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon banana extract
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Spray large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon banana extract until smooth; set aside.
- Unroll both cans of dough on cutting board; divide into 4 equal sections along center perforations.
- Spread about 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture over each of 2 dough sections.
- Place remaining dough sections over filling.
- Using sharp knife, cut along perforations into 12 strips.
- Gently stretch each strip until about 10 inches long.
- Twist each strip 4 or 5 times.
- Coil each strip into pinwheel shape; tuck end under.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove rolls from cookie sheet to cooling rack placed on waxed paper.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons butter and the corn syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon banana extract.
- Drizzle glaze over warm rolls.
- Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon pecan chips.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.