Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
These are great spicy sesame noodles that don't contain any peanut butter. They're a bit different from most sesame noodles and my family loves them. Just note that regular peanut and sesame seed oils will not work, you need dark sesame seed oil and roasted peanut oil.
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb udon noodles
- 10 scallions, sliced, green and white parts
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted black sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 teaspoons chile puree, with garlic (I use the China Bowl brand)
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce over noodles. Leave at room temperature till sauce is absorbed, mixing a few times. At first, it will look like there's too much sauce, but it will eventually get absorbed.
- Once sauce is absorbed, add toasted sesame seeds and scallions.
- Let the noodles marinate overnight in the refridgerator.