Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This one seems to really be the dogs favorite! I have also discovered that just rolling into balls and leaving them like that makes things a lot easier for cooking purposes!!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3⁄4 cup ground up stoned wheat thins crackers
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1⁄4 cup 7 grain cereal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (approx)
- Mix all ingredients well (EXCEPT the flour) in a mixer that has a dough hook.
- Gradually add flour, mixing well, until dough is stiff enough to handle and can be rolled into little balls without it sticking to your hands.
- Have oven racks in middle and upper positions.
- Use non stick pans preferably Use one large cookie sheet, and one small sheet.
- preheat oven to 250 f Roll into little balls, place on sheets Place in oven on separate racks After 45 minutes, take pans out dump all balls onto large cookie sheet and toss them around.
- Place back in oven on top rack.
- Toss around about every 45 minutes for a total cooking time of approx 3 hours.
- to test for doneness, take one out, let cool completely, give to dog and see if it"crunches", if so then its done!
I mix these up using my bread machine and take the dough out after the first kneading. Doggies love them!!!!
Scuffs, I made these for Brandy (my poodle) yesterday...well, just like all your other great fur baby treats, my little guy just went bonkers over them!! the only thing extra that I added was a little bit of brown sugar, I wasn't quite sure if oat meant quick cooking oats or oat flour, however, I used 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal, I am hoping that that was correct, my little guy just loved them!, I will be making these again for the big baby that is coming in a month (German Shepard/rottie pup), this is a great dog treat recipe, thanks aunty Scruff for such yummy treats ruff ruff!!! and for posting another winner! .....Kitten :)