Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I brought these cookies to work for a party we were having and everyone was asking for the recipe. These cookies are very good :)
- 1 package duncan hines peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 whole egg
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine cookie mix, contents of peanut butter packet from mix and whole egg in large bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly bleded.
- Shape dough into 36 (about 1 inch) balls.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press thumb gently in center of each cookie.
- Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, egg yolk sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in mini choc.
- chips, if desired.
- Fill center of each cookie with rounded teaspoonful of filling.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets.
- Remove to cooling racks.
- Cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small resealable plastic bag; seal, place bag in bowl of hot water for several minutes.
- Dry bag with towel, Kneed bag until contents are blended and chocolate is smooth.
- Snip a tiny hole in corner of bag.
- (I just stick a toothpick and make a little hole) Drizzle contents over cookies.
- Allow drizzle to set before storing cookies between layers of waxed paper--ps.
- I usually just microwave the choc.
- and save some time and drizzle over cookies.
I tried these and they are excellent! I am going to include them in my christmas cookie collection.