Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 48 -60 Hershey chocolate kisses
- (Have kisses unwrapped before removing cookies from oven).
- Cream sugar, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add peanut butter and milk, mix well.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Spoon out by spoonfuls (or roll into balls and coat with granulated sugar) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each cookie with a kiss while still hot.
- Tip: if you like crunchy cookies replace butter with shortening, but other wise the butter makes them nice and chewy.
we call these panic buttons and they are ALWAYS on our holiday cookie bakeing list. love these!
This is one of my most-used recipes!! Always the first to go at Christmastime--everyone wants the recipe!!! Cookies are chewy inside--& peanut butter/chocolate make a winning combo!!
Very tasty, light and chewy. Best penut butter cookie that I've ever had.