Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious peanut butter cookie with chocolate kiss in center!
- 236.59 ml creamy peanut butter
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar, plus more for rolling
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 828.06 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 311.84 g milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together peanut butter, shortening and sugars; Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; Add to creamed mixture, Beat well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in additional sugar.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press a candy kiss into the center of each warm cookie.
- Return to oven and bake 3 minutes more.
Very easy to make. Great to make with kids, had great time making them and they were yummy.
*** UPDATE: Made these last night so we had some cookies to give to Santa Clause tonight. Couple of changes. First, I used a small cookie scoop and skipped the rolling them into a ball step. Next I just sprinkled sugar on top instead of rolling them in sugar. Lastly, I baked them for 10 minutes, pulled them out of the oven and stuck the Hershey Kiss into the center and put them on a cooling rack. I didn't bake for 8 and then return to the oven for another 3....We like it when the kiss still looks like a kiss. Not sure if my oven temp is correct, but next time I'm going to cook for 9 minutes total...they came out a little too "crispy" for me but still very very good!**** These were very YUMMY! DH loved them and ate them all (okay, I had my fair share too). He loves these cookies at xmas time so I've added them to my holiday cookie list. Very easy to make. Thanks!
Some of the best cookies Ive ever tasted!! Cookie was soft and sweet. Thanks for posting!