Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
All the peanut butter and jam lovers, this ones for you! here is a moist buttery cake with jam in middle. Add in chocolate chips to the batter if desired.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
What a treat! Could hardly wait for it to cool down before tasting. Mmmmm. Used a round pan (without the "whole"in the middle) and needed the full hour for it to bake. The last ten minutes I put a piece of parchment paper over the cake, to prevent it from browning too much. Did not have any problem with the jam being exposed, maybe cause I did not have to turn the cake, just eased it out with the help of two "handles" made of parchment paper which I had put cris-cross on the bottom of the pan (after greasing and flouring). This time I used blueberry jam and will also try it adding chocolate chips as you suggested. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter (can use 1/3 cup if desired)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup jam (ANY FLAVOUR) or 1 cup jelly, more jam can be used if desired (ANY FLAVOUR)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a Bundt pan.
- In a small bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Add in eggs; beat well until combined.
- Add in peanut butter and vanilla; beat well.
- Beat in sour cream until blended.
- Reduce the mixer to low speed, and gradually add in the flour mixture until combined.
- Spoon HALF of the batter (about 3 cups) into prepared Bundt pan.
- Dollup about half of the jelly over the batter (avoiding the edges of pan).
- Partially stir/swirl the jelly over the batter with a knife.
- Spoon the remaining batter into the pan.
- Then swirl the remaining jelly into batter.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until cake is done (check after about 50 minutes).