An American favorite, the peanut butter-Jelly Sandwich with some surprise. I recommend the optional alcohol as it really looks great, especially if you have planned ahead and somebody could turn of the light for you when you enter the dinning room. The alcohol mostly burns away but i can not recommend this for kids. All ingredients are from the RCS#12 list so you, who are testing this for the contest NOW should have all the ingredients handy. What an advantage!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (8 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 24 ladyfingers, sponge cakes
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy)
- 6 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry jam
- 4 egg whites
- 40% alcohol, 4 cl (or more) (optional)
- 1Prepare the jell-o as written on the box, keep cool.
- 2Take vanilla ice cream out of the fridge so it softens a little.
- 3Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 4Cover a square tin (actually I make it in a glass loaf tin) with lady finger sponge cakes in a single layer. (that should be about 8 lady finger otherwise you need some more or less, please adjust).
- 5Spread peanut butter over the lady fingers.
- 6Cover with soft vanilla ice cream (the ice cream should be quite creamy by now).
- 7Spread no sugar strawberry jam over the ice cream.
- 8Cover with lady finger sponge cakes (again about 8).
- 9Put the, about to get too stiff to do that, jell-o over the sponge cakes.
- 10Beat the egg whites until stiff and spread over the jell-o.
- 11Put the tin into the hot oven, this should only take a few minutes until the egg whites get a little brownish.
- 12Serve immediately.
- 13When serving you can pour 4 cl of any 40% or more alcohol (preferably strawberry flavoured Vodka) over it, light it carefully and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Jelly Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.6 mg
- Sodium 174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
sugar-free vanilla ice cream
sugar-free strawberry jam