Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
An American favorite, the peanut butter-Jelly Sandwich with some surprise. I recommend the optional alcohol as it really looks great, especially if you have planned ahead and somebody could turn of the light for you when you enter the dinning room. The alcohol mostly burns away but i can not recommend this for kids. All ingredients are from the RCS#12 list so you, who are testing this for the contest NOW should have all the ingredients handy. What an advantage!
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (8 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 24 ladyfingers, sponge cakes
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy)
- 6 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry jam
- 4 egg whites
- 40% alcohol, 4 cl (or more) (optional)
- Prepare the jell-o as written on the box, keep cool.
- Take vanilla ice cream out of the fridge so it softens a little.
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Cover a square tin (actually I make it in a glass loaf tin) with lady finger sponge cakes in a single layer. (that should be about 8 lady finger otherwise you need some more or less, please adjust).
- Spread peanut butter over the lady fingers.
- Cover with soft vanilla ice cream (the ice cream should be quite creamy by now).
- Spread no sugar strawberry jam over the ice cream.
- Cover with lady finger sponge cakes (again about 8).
- Put the, about to get too stiff to do that, jell-o over the sponge cakes.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and spread over the jell-o.
- Put the tin into the hot oven, this should only take a few minutes until the egg whites get a little brownish.
- Serve immediately.
- When serving you can pour 4 cl of any 40% or more alcohol (preferably strawberry flavoured Vodka) over it, light it carefully and serve.