Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a tasty snack cake that can be on the brunch table or served as dessert.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup strawberry jelly or 1 cup grape jelly
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add milk, peanut butter, eggs and butter. Beat at low speed until mixed. Then beat on medium speed for one minute, scraping the sides of the bowl constantly.
- Spread about two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Stir jelly and spoon over batter. Drop remaining batter in small mounds on top of the jelly. Sprinkle with Crumb Topping.
- Crumb Topping: In a small mixing bowl stir together 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in 1/4 cup peanut butter and 3 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
I used strawberry jam and we enjoyed this recipe. It does taste like a PB & J sandwich. Thanks for sharing! ***Made for PRMR***
I'm a big fan of peanut butter and jelly and I can tell I liked this because I had to keep "tasting" it to decide on my review! I served it as a dessert last night and my son - also a big PB&J fan, said it was "perfect." My husband approved of it as a "not too sweet" dessert (a plus for him) - he said it was better than he expected. I found it more dessert cakelike than coffee-cakelike, if you know what I mean. It's nice and moist and peanut buttery. Another reviewer mentioned drizzling preserves on top, and I'm sure that would be quite good. Thanks for posting!
This was delicious and easy to make. I made these over the weekend and my family raved about them! I used strawberry preserves that I had just made and as you can see I even drizzled some on top.. YUM! I made this for spring photo tag 08. Thanks for posting CaliforniaJan!