Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how I used to eat my sandwiches when I was young. It is a perfect combinations of sweet, creamy, salty and crunchy!! I made my husband one more recently, and at first he was apalled by the idea. Then he tried it and loved it!! He askes for it for lunch all the time now.
- 2 slice sandwich bread
- 29.58 ml peanut butter
- 14.79 ml jam (strawberry is great!) or 14.79 ml jelly (strawberry is great!)
- 1 pickle, sliced thin
- Spread peanut butter on one side of bread.
- Spread jam over the peanut butter.
- Lay pickle slices over the jam.
- Place other piece of bread on top.
- Slice in half if you'd like.
I thought I was the only one! I like to slice cornichons thin. Crusty toasty sourdough la brea bakery rolls are best but I'm on a whole grain kick now that I'm in my 30s.
I used to love eating pb&j sandwiches with pickles when I was little also! they are so delicious...I thought that I was the only one until now! People looked at my like I had 2 heads when I would talk about it lol...i was just eating one and my son looked so disgusted, until he tried it...and of course he loved it too!!