Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Even better than the sandwich!!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jelly or 1⁄2 cup raspberry jelly or 1⁄2 cup grape jelly
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 muffin tin with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the peanut butter with the egg.Add the milk, a little at a time, then mix in the butter.
- Pour the wet batter into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. The batter will be stiff.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of batter in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Use a finger to make an indentation in the center and put a teaspoon of jelly in the hole.
- Cover with another heaping tablespoon of batter or enough to fill each cup about 2/3 full.
- Spread the batter gently until no jelly is visible.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the muffins onto a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Be careful: the jelly centers can get hot. Makes 12 muffins.
What went wrong? My batter wouldn't pour I had to scoop it out and these were more biscuit-like than cake-like. Although I didn't care for them, hubby had 3 for a late-night snack.