Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Came from a Light and Luscious cook book. It is low in calories and fat.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup low sugar strawberry spread
- beat margarine and peanut butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, soda and salt in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Shape dough into 40 (1 inch) boalls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Flatten cookies into 2-inch circles using a flat bottomed glass.
- Bake at 359 for 8 minutes or until lightly borwned.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet; remove from cooke sheets and let cool on wire racks.
- Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons strawberry spread on the bottom half the cooled cookies; top with remaining cookies.