Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you love Peanut Butter and Jelly and you love cookies, this will be the ultimate combo! Enjoy. Grape Jelly Grape Jelly. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam or 1 tablespoon preserves
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Lightly grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Spread the peanuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 minutes, until they begin to brown.
- Allow to cool then chop coarsely.
- Beat the butter, superfine sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the jam or preserves, peanut butter, and vanilla; beat until mixed thoroughly.
- Gradually add the beaten egg, beating well after each little bit is added.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Stir into the mixture with the chopped nuts to make a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball the size of a walnut.
- Put the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them well apart.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave on the baking sheets for 3 to 4 minutes; remove with a thin metal spatula.
- Cool on a wire rack.