My younger brother and I would always take our potato chips and put them inside our PB&J sandwich. We loved the crunch! And, the saltiness of the chips really off-sets the sweetness of the sandwich. I think we got the idea from an episode of the Cosby Show after seeing Cliff Huxtable line his hoagie with potato chips and wash it all down with grape soda!
- 2 slices bread
- peanut butter
- jelly, your favorite flavor
- chips, your favorite kind
- Spread one piece of bread with peanut butter.
- Top the peanut butter with a layer of chips.
- Spread the other piece of bread with jelly.
- Put the two pieces together, press down until you hear the "crunch", and enjoy!
- (This is also good with a PB & Marshmallow Fluff sandwich.).
Oh yeah this is great! My kids always put potato chips on their tuna sandwiches but never tried it with PBJ. I used whole grain bread, raspberry jelly, and baked Lays and loved it - thanks for sharing the recipe!
My brother and I ate these as kids. He would only use grape jelly on his PB&J's, but I like grape and apple jelly. My grandboys now eat these and won't even touch a PB&J unless it's got chips on it.