A fun morning treat! Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour, divided
- oil or cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar-free strawberry jam (or preferred flavor)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, salt and 1/2 teaspoon ginger in large bowl; stir well and set aside.
- 2Combine skim milk and next 4 ingredients in medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until very warm (but not scalded), and remove from heat.
- 3Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, beating at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- 4Add egg, and continue beating an additional 3 minutes.
- 5Add enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough, and turn out onto lightly floured work surface.
- 6Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, adding up to 2 tablespoons of flour as necessary.
- 7Place dough in large oiled bowl, turning once to coat.
- 8Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Punch dough down; cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 10Place dough on lightly floured work surface (adding remaining 1 tablespoon flour as necessary), and roll into 22X12-inch rectangle.
- 11Combine jam and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ginger; spread over rectangle, leaving about 1 inch margin around sides.
- 12If desired, add nuts.
- 13Roll up jellyroll style, starting at long side.
- 14Pinch down ends and seams to seal.
- 15Place seamside down in a 9-inch round cakepan coated with cooking spray: begin at outer edges, spiraling in to center of pan.
- 16Cover and let rise until again doubled in bulk (about 30 minutes).
- 17Bake at 350-degrees for 35 minutes.
- 18Cover with foil for last 15 minutes if necessary to prevent excessive browning.
- 19Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove, and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter & Jam Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added peanut butter
sugar-free strawberry jam