Prep 4 mins
Cook 35 mins
A fun morning treat! Prep time includes rising time.
Make and share this Peanut Butter & Jam Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1 package yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour, divided
- oil or cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free strawberry jam (or preferred flavor)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, salt and 1/2 teaspoon ginger in large bowl; stir well and set aside.
- Combine skim milk and next 4 ingredients in medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until very warm (but not scalded), and remove from heat.
- Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, beating at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add egg, and continue beating an additional 3 minutes.
- Add enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough, and turn out onto lightly floured work surface.
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, adding up to 2 tablespoons of flour as necessary.
- Place dough in large oiled bowl, turning once to coat.
- Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Place dough on lightly floured work surface (adding remaining 1 tablespoon flour as necessary), and roll into 22X12-inch rectangle.
- Combine jam and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ginger; spread over rectangle, leaving about 1 inch margin around sides.
- If desired, add nuts.
- Roll up jellyroll style, starting at long side.
- Pinch down ends and seams to seal.
- Place seamside down in a 9-inch round cakepan coated with cooking spray: begin at outer edges, spiraling in to center of pan.
- Cover and let rise until again doubled in bulk (about 30 minutes).
- Bake at 350-degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cover with foil for last 15 minutes if necessary to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove, and cool on wire rack.