Recipe by Vino Girl
These are chewy cookies (unusual for most peanut butter cookies!), and I was surprised at just how peanut buttery they taste, given they don't contain much peanut butter. Very convenient to keep in your freezer. I did find I had to bake these longer than stated. Add 3 hours refrigeration to the times listed. From Cooking Light (November 1997).
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients, and set aside.
- Beat margarine and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars, beating until well-blended.
- Add vanilla and egg white, and beat well.
- Add flour mixture; stir well.
- Turn dough out onto wax paper; shape into a 6-inch log.
- Wrap log in wax paper; freeze 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F°.
- Cut log into 24 (1/4-inch) slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and cool on wire racks.