Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just another creation playing with my ice cream maker. I usually stick with a basic ice cream recipe and play with the added ingredients. You can add more or less peanut butter depending on your taste
- 2 cups 10% cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate-covered peanuts
- Wisk sugars and egg together.Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low/meduim heat,creams . Do not boil but heat just until the edges start to bubble. Slowly add part of the heated milk to the eggs wisking constantly. This keeps the eggs from scrambling LOL. Add the heated egg mixture to the remaining milk in pan. Add peanut butter and stir until melted and until it thickens slightly and coats a spoon. Remove from heat.Strain through sieve.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturs directions.
- Halfway thru the freezing add chocolate coverd peanuts.