Recipe by An_Net
Sweetened peanut butter coats crisp cereal and forms the crust for this easy four ingredient ice cream dessert recipe. Corn Syrup is available in health food stores in Australia or you can substitute for honey in this recipe. Liquid Glucose could also be used but it is sweeter than corn syrup. Preparation time does not include cooling/freezing time of approx 2hrs.
Top Review by bmcnichol
My boys' birthdays are 6 days apart (and 8 years LOL) and we get tired of cake that close together. So for my youngest, I made this instead. I followed the recipe as written and everyone enjoyed it. It was easy to put together and was tasty. My son thanks you for a nice "different" birthday cake :)
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 cups chocolate-flavor crisp rice cereal, coco pops
- 2 liters chocolate ripple ice cream, slightly softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In large microwave-safe bowl stir together corn syrup and sugar. Microwave on high for 1 minute, remove and stir, then return to microwave and cook on high for 1-2 minutes longer, until mixture bubbles.
- Remove from microwave and stir in peanut butter. Stir in rice cereal. Press 3/4 on bottom of buttered 13x9" pan and freeze until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Spread ice cream on top of crust and top with remaining cereal mixture, spreading as evenly as you can. Freeze until firm, about 2-3 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve.