Recipe by JDame
Perfect ice cream cookie sandwiches. Dip half in melted chocolate for an extra touch of goodness! (A-Z Kids Cookbook)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients and shape into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Flatten in criss-cross pattern with floured fork.
- Bake until brown, 9 to 11 minutes.
- When cool press 1 slightly rounded tablespoon of ice cream between cookies. Freeze until firm.
- Melt 1 package semisweet chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons shortening over stove, stirring occasionally. Let stand 2 minutes, then dip half of each sandwich into chocolate.
- Place in pan; freeze until firm. Store wrapped in plastic wrap.