Prep 1 hr
Cook 11 mins
Perfect ice cream cookie sandwiches. Dip half in melted chocolate for an extra touch of goodness! (A-Z Kids Cookbook)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients and shape into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Flatten in criss-cross pattern with floured fork.
- Bake until brown, 9 to 11 minutes.
- When cool press 1 slightly rounded tablespoon of ice cream between cookies. Freeze until firm.
- Melt 1 package semisweet chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons shortening over stove, stirring occasionally. Let stand 2 minutes, then dip half of each sandwich into chocolate.
- Place in pan; freeze until firm. Store wrapped in plastic wrap.