This was in Rachel Ray's June/July 2007 issue! I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together 3/4 cup sugar and 3 eggs until thick. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer. Whisk a few tablespoons of the warm milk into the egg mixture, then pour the mixture into the pan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats a spoon, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the creamy peanut butter. strain into a bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cream, the peanuts, vanilla and salt and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2Scrape the chilled peanut butter mixture into an ice cream maker and prepare according to the manufacturer's directions.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 4Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer, combine the crunchy peanut butter, the remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup chocolate chips on medium speed. Whisk together the remaining egg and baking soda, then mix into the crunchy peanut butter mixture until combined. place tablespoon size balls of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake until golden, about 16 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets.
- 5In a small saucepan, bring the remaining 1/2 cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
- 6Assemble the ice cream sandwiches and drizzle with the chocolate sauce before serving.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1691.6
- Calories from Fat 1063
- Total Fat 118.1 g
- Saturated Fat 45.7 g
- Cholesterol 383.0 mg
- Sodium 1073.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 114.4 g
- Protein 40.3 g