Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick dessert that I make before most pot-lucks or parties. I get rave reviews every time I take this anywhere. I got this recipe from my little sister, Brit.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon light Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I use chunky peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- Crust: Finely chop peanuts (Food processor works best).
- Mix butter with nuts.
- Press mixture into pie pan until it covers entire pan and put in freezer until filling is ready.
- Filling: Mix together ice cream, karo syrup and peanut butter.
- I found that a Kitchen Aid Mixer or Food Processor works best to mix.
- Once mixture is blended together add in peanuts and coconut.
- Scoop mixture into pie crust.
- It will be fairly soft and should smooth out evenly pretty easily.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
- I usually make this a few hours before serving, so it has a chance to freeze again (It makes serving much easier if the pie is froze).
I loved this pie! The texture of the coconut and peanuts makes it a lot more interesting! I really liked the crust of peanuts and think I'll try it for a choc cream pie. Thanks for sharing.
Easy to make and delicious. I topped it off by sprinkling it with Reese's Pieces and the kids went crazy!
This was very good. I love the fact that it is "peanut butter ice cream" It sounds wierd, but after you eat it there is no arguing! It was fast to make, and was sweet, but not too sweet. I tried it with the reese's peices like another reviewer said, but i think you should put them on before you serve your pie, because my candy turned out hard and crunchy.