Recipe by Amber Dawn
This is a quick dessert that I make before most pot-lucks or parties. I get rave reviews every time I take this anywhere. I got this recipe from my little sister, Brit.
Top Review by windywood
I loved this pie! The texture of the coconut and peanuts makes it a lot more interesting! I really liked the crust of peanuts and think I'll try it for a choc cream pie. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon light Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I use chunky peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Finely chop peanuts (Food processor works best).
- Mix butter with nuts.
- Press mixture into pie pan until it covers entire pan and put in freezer until filling is ready.
- Filling: Mix together ice cream, karo syrup and peanut butter.
- I found that a Kitchen Aid Mixer or Food Processor works best to mix.
- Once mixture is blended together add in peanuts and coconut.
- Scoop mixture into pie crust.
- It will be fairly soft and should smooth out evenly pretty easily.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
- I usually make this a few hours before serving, so it has a chance to freeze again (It makes serving much easier if the pie is froze).