Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy and tasty- intense peanut butter flavor for the real PB lovers! Use 1/2 cup for less intense peanut butter taste. Cook time is freezing time.
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter (I like skippy naturals of Jif honey peanut butter)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (or a little less)
- 3 cups half-and-half (you can use a combo of milk and heavy cream here too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Oreo cookies, chopped and fozen
- peanut butter cup, chopped and frozen
- Reese's pieces
- Beat peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
- Slowly beat in 1 cup half and half until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk in 2 cups half and half, vanilla and salt.
- Freeze according to manufactures instructions (i sometimes freeze the liquid mixture for 30 minutes to get it reallllly cold first).
- Add mix in's in the last 5 minutes.
I used half milk and half evaporated milk. Very rich and creamy and topped with hot fudge. Perfect!!!!
Really good. Lots of peanut butter ice cream recipes use a standard egg custard type ice cream base. I find that those don't churn well. For this recipe, I heated the half n half, then added the peanut butter (a no-stir natural Aldi brand). I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup and added a 1/4 cup ginger liqueur right before churning. The finished product is like a Thai peanut type flavor, and the texture is firm but not rock hard. Elevated to the "foodie" ice cream category.
Kills me...you can't give poor reviews if you didn't even follow the recipe.