8 hrs 30 mins
Sarah in New York's Note:
I invented this ice cream cake for a friend's birthday. It was a hit. It's really easy to make, but you need to have at least a day to do it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2Line a glass or plastic bowl with plastic bag.(Walmart bags work great!).
- 3Soften vanilla ice cream enough to mix in a mixer.
- 4Mix together 1/2 gallon of ice cream with peanut butter and vanilla. (Mix until smooth, but not runny.).
- 5Pour into lined bowl and freeze for about 30 minutes or until hard.
- 6Put remaining ice cream in fridge so it will stay soft.
- 7Spread the rest of vanilla ice cream in the bowl and allow to freeze for about 30 minutes or until hard.
- 9Meanwhile, crush oreos in food processor or just put them in a plastic bag and beat them until fine crumbs form.
- 10Melt butter and mix into the oreos until well coated.
- 11Press onto the frozen ice cream and freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 13Mix gelatin and water together until dissolved.
- 14With electric mixer, whisk whipping cream, vanilla and sugar together until just starting to thicken.
- 15Slowly pour the dissolved gelatin into mixture and whip util stiff peaks form.
- 16Decorating ideas:.
- 17Take bomb out of freezer and invert onto desired plate. Take off plastic bag.
- 18Pipe whipping cream onto bomb however you desire. I used a #5 tip and piped little stars all over the cake from bottom to top, and left just enough room on the top to write happy birthday. You could just pipe the stars all over the whole cake!
- 19Freeze for about 40 minutes and serve!
- 20I promise it will be a hit every time!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bomb
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1213.6
- Calories from Fat 770
- Total Fat 85.6 g
- Saturated Fat 43.7 g
- Cholesterol 236.9 mg
- Sodium 609.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 79.6 g
- Protein 20.6 g