Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I invented this ice cream cake for a friend's birthday. It was a hit. It's really easy to make, but you need to have at least a day to do it.
- Line a glass or plastic bowl with plastic bag.(Walmart bags work great!).
- Soften vanilla ice cream enough to mix in a mixer.
- Mix together 1/2 gallon of ice cream with peanut butter and vanilla. (Mix until smooth, but not runny.).
- Pour into lined bowl and freeze for about 30 minutes or until hard.
- Put remaining ice cream in fridge so it will stay soft.
- Spread the rest of vanilla ice cream in the bowl and allow to freeze for about 30 minutes or until hard.
- Meanwhile, crush oreos in food processor or just put them in a plastic bag and beat them until fine crumbs form.
- Melt butter and mix into the oreos until well coated.
- Press onto the frozen ice cream and freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Mix gelatin and water together until dissolved.
- With electric mixer, whisk whipping cream, vanilla and sugar together until just starting to thicken.
- Slowly pour the dissolved gelatin into mixture and whip util stiff peaks form.
- Decorating ideas:.
- Take bomb out of freezer and invert onto desired plate. Take off plastic bag.
- Pipe whipping cream onto bomb however you desire. I used a #5 tip and piped little stars all over the cake from bottom to top, and left just enough room on the top to write happy birthday. You could just pipe the stars all over the whole cake!
- Freeze for about 40 minutes and serve!
- I promise it will be a hit every time!