I love both Ice Cream and Peanut Butter. Try this and I think you'll agree that there is nothing better!
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until thick, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Gradually drizzle the hot milk into the eggs while whisking vigorously. Then pour the whole mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in peanut butter. Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, half-and-half and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Fold in peanut butter cups when mixture is still soft, then transfer to a container, and freeze until solid.