Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love both Ice Cream and Peanut Butter. Try this and I think you'll agree that there is nothing better!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until thick, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Gradually drizzle the hot milk into the eggs while whisking vigorously. Then pour the whole mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in peanut butter. Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, half-and-half and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Fold in peanut butter cups when mixture is still soft, then transfer to a container, and freeze until solid.
Amazing! A huge hit at a recent dinner party, too! I made it with chunky peanut butter because I liked the contrast of the crunchy nuts to the smooth ice cream. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
This seemed to take a lot of time, but it tasted AMAZING and as of maybe 6 hours after freezing, probably because of a caramel-like consistency, didn't freeze so hard that we couldn't scoop it. I should note that I made this with extra-large eggs, which have more white than normal. Next time I'll see how it goes with large eggs.
It's been a while since I wanted to try peanut butter ice cream and I found your recipe. I had to try it. :) And I'm glad I did. It has a wonderful taste. And the texture is very creamy and thick. It was not hard to do but took a little bit of time but it was worth it. Thanks StrikingEyes. Made for PAC Fall 2008