Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
From the cookbook Peanut Butter Planet, this hummus is wonderful with wheat crackers. I used a blender and it turned out well, though with a few whole beans in it.
- Puree the chickpeas in a food processor.
- Add the peanut butter, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and salt.
- Process until smooth and well blended.
- Add some water if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Transfer to a tightly covered container and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This was my first time making hummus at home. I chose this recipe because of the peanut butter--I didn't have to go out & track down tahini. It was easy to make and I had everything in the pantry. I did add olive oil-maybe 2-3 TBS & about 3 TBS of the chickpea juice to smooth it out. I also "peeled" the chickpeas-a tip which I had noticed from some of the other hummus recipes on this site. I spread it on 9 grain bread & it was excellent!