Recipe by Bev
I don't know many people who can resist the temptation of the combination of chocolate and peanut butter -- Give this variation of Hot Chocolate and chance to see if you can resist! This mix will serve 20. Be sure to make with milk when serving. I discovered this recipe in Cook's Country Magazine.
Top Review by dilettante
I love this hot chocolate mix! I've been making it ever since it was first published in Cook's Country in 2007--there is a non-flavored variety where you use just substitute 1 1/2 c white chocolate chips for the PB chips. Delicious with biscotti!!
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- working in tow batches, pulse ingredients in food processor until chips are finely ground.
- Store in air tight container for up to 3 months.
- To Make Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa:.
- Stir 1/3 cup of this mix into 1 cup HOT MILK.
- Top with whipped cream or marshmallows.
- Raspberry Variation:.
- Use white chocolate chips in place of peanut butter chips, add 1 (3 oz) box raspberry gelatin and reduce confectioner's sugar to 1 1/2 cups. (NOTE: Be certain to use white chocolate chips as the white chocolate will provide a creamy texture).