Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These make the most **adorable** little treats! I make these for my children to take to preschool and the little ones just go crazy over them! And the flavor is tops, too! (My husband loves these.) The honeybees are precious at baby showers and for first birthdays for boys!!! Oh, and did I mention how CUTE these are?!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (crushed very fine, approximately 24 squares)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cream peanut butter and butter together.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add graham cracker crumbs; mix well.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of "dough" into 1 1/4" ovals.
- Place 2" apart on waxpaper-lined cookie sheets.
- Place chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl; cook 1 minute or until melted.
- Put melted chocolate into a ziploc bag and snip off a tiny piece of one bottom corner of the bag.
- Make a stripe of chocolate approximately 1/3 of the way from the "front" of the honeybee.
- Follow the first stripe with two more stripes closer to the first stripe and evenly spaced.
- Use an almond slice for each wing, placing near first stripe and angling the wings slightly toward the back of the honeybee.
- Use a toothpick to "poke" in the eyes of the honebee at the top of his "face".
- Arrange on serving platter/plate.
These seemed to sticky, so I added more graham crackers. I found it easier to use a toothpick to make the chocolate lines. I thought it would be easier to make these but had fun doing it!! The kids loved them!!!
The key to these is to get the crumbs as fine as possible. I use the food processor to get them super fine. These are always a hit at parties!!