Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes for an easy, yummy treat. Young children can help in the process. You won't be disappointed! I added some ground flax to boost the 'health factor'
- 3 cups puffed wheat cereal
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Lightly grease an 8"x 8" x 2" baking pan.
- Place the puffed wheat in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the peanut butter, butter, honey and brown sugar and bring to a gently boil, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the puffed wheat and stir until well coated.
- Press the puffed wheat mixture into the prepared pan.
- Let cool and enjoy!
I got a big bag of puffed wheat cereal on sale for $1 and then went in search of things to do with it. I used better n' peanut butter as it was all I had but otherwise left the recipe the same. We like the flavor, though the puffed wheat gets a little soggy and chewy, and it never really set up to be firm. That said, we are all enjoying it so no harm, no foul. Thanks!