Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Flour Advisory Bureau.
- 6 slices whole grain bread, crusts removed (optional)
- 6 teaspoons honey
- 6 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the bread slices onto a chopping board and spread with butter.
- Spread one slice of each sandwich with honey and the other with peanut butter and sprinkle over the chocolate chips. Cut into triangles.
- Cook's Tip: Use any variety of sliced bread to suit. This recipe works well as toasted sandwich too. If peanut allergy substitute with mashed banana.
I decided to use the grilled method so that the chips would be melted. I buttered the outside of the bread instead of the inside, then followed the steps for the PB, honey and chips. After the outside was a golden brown, I let them cool for a few minutes and then dusted lightly with powdered sugar and served for dessert. These are incredibly rich and yummy, and 1/2 of a sandwich is plenty for one person. Definitely need to have a glass of milk with this.