Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Everyone that comes to my house at Christmas time raves about these cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- granulated sugar
- 3 dozen Hershey chocolate kisses
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, shortening, and egg thoroughly. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mold dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately press candy kisses firmly into each cookie, cool.
Made for my Christmas cookie baskets. Delicious!
So delicious! so peanut buttery! just a real good cookie! and that bit of choc on top just makes them perfect!!! YUM!
What an easy recipe!!! Thanks for posting it. These cookies always look so good in magazines but I have never made them. Thanks again!!