Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this one online. I have never tried it, but it really sounds different--but different in a good way! lol Perhaps you will get the munchies and want a quick snack. Try this,let me know how it is 8)
- 6 cups Kix cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted hazelnuts (coarsely chopped or whole)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup banana chips
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagenon-instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- Combine the cereal, nuts, raisins and banana chips.
- In saucepan, combine vanilla pudding and honey; bring to a boil and boil 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter; mix well.
- Pour over the cereal mix and combine until coated.
- Put on cookie sheet to cool.
I made this for a party and it was very tasty. It went over really well. I substituted butterscotch pudding mix for the vanilla and peanuts for the hazelnuts because that is what I had. It worked really well. The butterscotch flavor was good with the peanut butter. I also froze some M&M's (so they wouldn't crack and melt when the hot mixture was poured over) and added them to the bottom of the bowl so the hot mixture wasn't poured directly on them. Then I mixed everything together. Thanks for an excellent recipe. I will make this again.
I tried this... classic chex mix (or the chex mix muddy buddies are still my fav.) If you want something different though, it's great!