Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried these granola balls. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in Martha Stewart Living Everyday Food magazine. This makes a great after school snack.
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup dried fruit (such as cherries, raisins, or cranberries)
- In a small saucepan over medium, heat honey, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until lossened and smooth, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, oats, and dried fruit.
- Drop mixture by the tablespoon into mini paper cupcake or candy liners. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.