1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Granola
1 hr 5 mins
Here's a healthy granola that doesn't have a lot of oil, but has a lot of good-for-you ingredients in it. It's good sprinkled over vanilla yogurt or with milk -- or out of hand as I walk through the kitchen! I bake it at 325 for about 40 minutes, but my oven is going wonky, so I put the recipes original instructions here. You can substitute orange or cranberry juice for the apple juice. I've used almond butter instead of peanut and it turned out great. My picture shows goji berries and dried blueberries instead of raisins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1064.65 ml old fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 236.59 ml wheat germ
- 236.59 ml sunflower seeds
- 118.29 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 78.07 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 44.37 ml apple juice
- 29.58 ml unsulphured molasses
- 29.58 ml honey
- 177.44 ml peanut butter
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml almonds, chopped
- 1Position the racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven; preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Mix the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, powdered nonfat dry milk, and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- 3Whisk the brown sugar, apple juice, molasses, and honey in a medium saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- 4Whisk in the peanut butter until creamy.
- 5Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and toss well with a wooden spoon. This takes quite a while because the mixture is a bit stiff and there's no added oil.
- 6Spread the granola onto two large, lipped baking sheets over parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, stirring twice at seven minute intervals.
- 7Stir in the nuts and reverse the sheets top to bottom and back to front.
- 8Continue baking until dry, lightly browned, and very aromatic, about 25 more minutes, stirring often.
- 9Remove from the oven and place on wire racks for 5 minutes, and then stir 1/2 cup of raisins into the mixture on each sheet.
- 10Cool completely, about two hours.
- 11Transfer to covered bowl and store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Granola
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 98.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 12.4 g