Recipe by ThinkOfTheSea
This came out of a magazine I got when I was about eight. I still love it. It's a good snack or for breakfast with milk. Yum.
Top Review by ATouchofZing
I have made this granola twice now and I absolutely love it. I used the recipe as a base for my invention of Peanut Butter & Jelly granola. I follow this recipe, then spoon on and lightly mix in about 1/4 cup of strawberry jam in the last 10 minutes of baking. I also add in a mixture of raisins and dried cranberries after it cools. The result is a soft and very peanut buttery granola with a little fruit flavor. This is the first granola I've made that actually clumps together and makes a good finger snack. I love it! Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix oatmeal, wheat germ, and coconut into 13x9x2 pan.
- In a small mixing bow, stir peanut butter, honey, oil, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over dry mixture and mix until coated.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully stir to break it into smaller pieces.
- Allow to cool, then mix in raisins.
- Store in airtight container.
- Easily adapted if you want to add other dried fruits, nuts, or sunflower seeds.