Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For those who liked my homemade granola recipe, and those who are big peanut butter fans (like me), you'll love this variation! Filling and delish!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Place oats in a baking pan (15X10X1-inch).
- Pour warm peanut butter mixture over oats and stir gently until oats are coated. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool before eating.
The proportions on this recipe are way off. 2/3 cup of peanut butter and 2/3 cup of honey to 1 cup of oats?!? Even with the optional cup of peanuts, this still looked like peanut butter soup with an oat garnish. I added an extra cup of oats before I put this in the oven, but that still doesn't seem to have been enough. I found a similar recipe here on Zaar (Peanut Butter Granola ) with the same amount of liquid and spice to 4 cups of oats. The final product of this recipe doesn't resemble any granola I've ever seen, and the taste has rendered it inedible. I hope the amount of oats is a typo. If so, I'd be happy to make this recipe again with the proper amounts.