Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was one I have tried that I found in a magazine, it is really good especially if you love peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, snipped
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon, heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Place oats in a large, shallow roasting pan or a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Pour warm peanut butter mixture over oats and stir gently till oats are coated.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake in a 300ºF oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off oven.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, cover raisins in boiling water.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, drain well.
- Stir raisins, nuts and figs into baked mixture.
- Return to oven and let dry 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Store in covered containers.