Recipe by Terri Newell
I found this recipe at hillbillyhousewife.com, a very interesting site. My kids love this granola...they eat it plain, or on top of yogurt with fruit, like a sundae.
Top Review by Julie F
We really liked this granola. It didn't get crispy like store bought granola, but it was very good. Don't know if I cooked it longer if it would get crispier or not. Don't know that it matters either. I added some sunflower seeds. Other dried fruit or nuts, or even coconut would also make good additions. Thanks for sharing!
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml peanut butter
- 78.07 ml honey
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 709.77 ml oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt together margarine, peanut butter and honey.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add oatmeal and toss to coat completely.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 about 10 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes.
- Store at room temperature in sealed container.
- Note.watch it closely while it bakes -- it burns easily, especially around the edges where it's spread thinner on the pan.
- Also note -- I omit the salt without noticing any change in flavour.