Recipe by HokiesMom
From Quick Cooking 2003 Use your microwave for a make-ahead bar. Allow 1 1/2 hours of chilling before cutting.
- 20 graham cracker squares, broken in half, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 14 squares)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottom of a greased 11x7x2" baking dish with half of the graham crackers; set aside.
- In a 2 quart microwave-safe bowl, combine the crumbs, sugars, butter, and milk. Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 1 minute, stir. Microwave on HIGH 2-2 1/2 minutes longer.
- Immediately pour half over crackers in prepared pan.
- Top with the remaining graham crackers; spread with remaining sugar mixture.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and peanut butter, uncovered, on HIGH for 45-60 secons or until chips are melted.
- Stir until smooth and blended well.
- Spread evenly over bars.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours before cutting.