Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A treat for special occasions. Chocolate cake with peanut butter, Kids will love it, I know adults that love it. Recipe comes courtesy Paula Deen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- To make cake: combine all the ingredients and mix well with an electric mixer; PAT the mixture into the bottom of the lightly greased baking pan.
- Prepare filling; In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth; add eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together; add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes; MAKE SURE NOT TO OVERBAKE, the center will be a little GOOEY.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, ENJOY.
Very good but very, very rich. This recipe is a really high fat & high calorie recipe, so I cut it down a little by using-- light Country Crock, reduced fat peanut butter, reduced fat/light cream cheese. And it tastes amazing! Adding the fat-free whip cream or light ice cream adds some calories back in but its needed to cut the richness. Four stars due to the high fat/cals. Also, very easy to make.
Super yummy cake that was easy to make. The bottom layer tasted a lot like a brownie. I will definitely make it again.